SOUND REPLACEMENT PRODUCTION PLAN
ANIMATED HORROR SHORT
PRODUCTION HOUSE – RIFF & ALTERNATE
PROJECT MEMBERS AND ROLES
Adam Bruce: Co-producer
Sean Ferres: Co-producer
Simon Audus: Co-producer
MEDIA – ANIMATED HORROR SHORT FILM
PROJECT MANAGEMENT STRATEGY – AGILE
The agile management plan is the frontrunner in a range being researched and considered by the group.
(“Agile vs Waterfall. What Methodology Should You Use For Your Project?”, 2017)
PROJECT TEAM METHODOLOGY
- Delegation will be the responsibility of all project team members
- Each team member will have responsibility for a delegated section from the chosen video
- Sprints and milestones will be created by the project team
- Delegated tasks will be the responsibility of the project team
- The agile management strategy consists of a series of ‘sprints’, these will incorporate a list of deliverable tasks.
- The main deliverable will be video file that will be another version of the video above. The project team will produce a 90 – 100 second video that has been given a ‘soundtrack’ consisting:
- sound design
- music soundtrack to enhance the ‘fight scene’.
Deliverables provided so far
- An on-line collaborative google folder
- Access links to the project team’s google folder have been shared amongst group members.
- Customised sound asset documents have been created for each of the 3 time marked sections of the video.
- A coding system has been created and incorporated into the sound asset list documents to identify them at a later stage.
- There will be a number of deliverables that are still pending and these include:
- 3 completed sound asset lists (see below for more information)
- Various sound design elements
- 1 pro tools file including the video file with sound assets correctly synced to the on-screen action
- Each team member will provide completed sound assets for their delegated section.
First deliverable: Sound asset list – compiled and completed.
A proposed milestone for this deliverable is Friday the 6th of October
- Administration documents have been created to help team members identify the sound assets. Three sections from the video have been identified and time marked. You tube links to each of the three segments are included at the top of each separate document. The hyperlink has been organised to start at the beginning of each identified section.
- Preliminary work has begun assessing the sound assets that will be necessary for each section. These documents have been uploaded to the project google folder and examples of these are available in a slideshow below
The first milestone for this project – Friday the 06th of October
- Sound asset list
- identify each necessary sound asset for each of the 3 time marked section
- compile each list with its’ corresponding code
- write a description of each sound asset to assist with syncing
- identify how each sound asset will be created
- location sound
- Confirm roles within the project
- Delegate tasks amongst the project team
- Confirm the agile project management strategy
- Compile a list of project milestones which will be linked to ‘sprint’ sections
- Compile a list of deliverables that will be met at the end of each sprint section
The final milestone for this project will be Monday the 23rd of October.
- The decision to move ahead with a confirmed list of milestone dates TBA
- Weekly meetings will be confirmed by team members to:
- share resources
- review team roles
- discuss and delegate tasks
- review project milestones
- discuss strategies to meet team / facilitator guidelines
- create project administration documents as needed
- discuss technical issues that may affect milestones dates
- Agile vs Waterfall. What Methodology Should You Use For Your Project?. (2017). The Digital Project Manager. Retrieved 3 October 2017, from http://www.thedigitalprojectmanager.com/agile-vs-waterfall/